The 2016 Oak Openings Stampede 25K and 50K Trail Races and 5K Trail Fun Run/Walk will be held
Sunday, September 18th
Three trail races - 50K (31 miles) single runner, 50K two-person relay (25K each), and 25K (15.5 mile) single runner. There will also be a 5K (3.1 mile) trail fun run/walk. This is a Toledo Roadrunners sponsored event: www.toledoroadrunners.org
The Buehner Center at Mallard Lake at Oak Openings Metropark. The park is located two miles west of the Toledo Express Airport south of Airport Highway in Swanton, OH. For info about Oak Openings, click here
Courses and Support:
All events begin and end next to the Buehner Center. The 25K and 50K course follows the Oak Openings Scout trail (1 or 2 laps) counter-clockwise on single-track trails through hardwoods, evergreens, prairie, oak savannah, and meadows. There will be roots, sand, mud, bugs, critters, and all the usual stuff of a trail run, but no stream crossings. The course is mostly flat with a few modest climbs and descents. Aid stations will be located about every 2-3 miles. Porta-johns will be available at approximate 5 mile intervals. For a nice description and pictures of the Oak Openings Scout trail click here. The 5K fun run/walk will be timed and also begins and ends near the Buehner Center. The course follows portions of the red and blue trails. A water stop will be located at approximately 1.5 miles. Post-race food and beverages will be available in the Buehner Center.
50K single runner @ 8:30 a.m.
50K two-person relay @ 8:30 a.m.
25K @ 9:00 a.m.
5K @ 9:10 a.m.
- 50K single runner awards: male and female overall, masters (age 40 and above), and age groups 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and above; age group awards at least three deep
- 50K two-person relay awards: male-male, male-female, and male-female categories (no age groups)
- 25K single runner awards: male and female overall, masters (age 40 and above), and age groups 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and above; awards at least three deep
- 5K fun run/walk - no awards
- All finishers will receive a finisher's medal
Proceeds from the event support SewHope, a Toledo-based, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides medical and humanitarian aid to the poor in Guatemala: